Urbas named MVP
Award winners, All-Star Team named
Published 29.04.2016 22:01 GMT+2 | Author
Slovenian captain Jan Urbas was honoured as Most Valuable Player of the 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A.
Hosts finish with bronze
Goal galore in last game against Japan
Published 29.04.2016 23:15 GMT+2 | Author
Host Poland improved throughout the tournament and moved up to a bronze-medal finish after beating Japan 10-4 in front of 8,500 fans in the last game.
Earns another crucial win against Austria
Published 29.04.2016 20:34 GMT+2 | Author
Slovenia beat Austria for Division I gold, as it did in 2012 and 2014, to earn promotion to the 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Germany and France.
- Italy’s hopes alive Italy beat Korea 2-1 thanks to strong team play and goalie Andreas Bernard in great shape with 26 saves before his shutout was spoiled late in the game.
- Cross-Karawanks clash for gold One of the most balanced IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A tournaments enters the last day with five teams in race for promotion.
- Poland wins and hopes Poland earned its first win against Austria in World Championship play in 25 years after edging the other red-and-white team 1-0 on Grzegorz Pasiut’s goal.
- Slovenia back on track After a surprise loss to Poland and dropping down to third place Slovenia is back in the race for promotion after beating surprise team Korea 5-1.
- Italy to battle for medal Italy secured its place in the World Championship Division I Group A after a 3-1 victory against winless Japan.
- Poland stops Slovenia Host Poland won its first game and landed a 4-1 upset win against Slovenia, the leader after the first two game days, at the World Championship Division IA.
- Austria beats neighbour In their first World Championship encounter in 16 years Austria beat Italy 4-2 to remain unbeaten after three games.
- Korea No. 1 in Far East Since entering the World Championship in 1930, Japan had been the undisputed Number 1 in the Far East. Today Korea changed this with a 3-0 win.
- Korea’s hope in the net 25.04.2016 Matt Dalton’s path from Clinton to Anyang
- Austria 2, Asia 0 24.04.2016 Lebler game-winner gives first regulation-time win
- Swift return to winning path 24.04.2016 Korea stuns host, Poland remains winless
- Late reward for Slovenia 24.04.2016 Remains unbeaten after edging Italy
- Austria does it in SO 23.04.2016 Koreans surprise but blow 2-0 lead
- Italy stuns host 23.04.2016 No opening-day party for Poland
- Slovenia starts big 23.04.2016 7-1 win in opener against Japan
- The Miracle of Katowice 23.04.2016 Jobczyk scored hat trick vs. Soviets at 1976 Worlds
- At flying saucer to the sky 22.04.2016 Six teams battle for promotion in Katowice
- Best of Asia 11.04.2016 Korea’s Anyang Halla reclaims Asia League title
- Referees named 04.03.2016 Crew of officials complete for event in Poland
- To new heights 14.02.2016 Chmielewski has big plans
- The Blue Team blueprint 13.02.2016 Italy sees first fruits of new ‘home-grown’ policy
- Japan’s historic goalie 12.02.2016 Fukufuji living Olympic dream in Sapporo
- Your ticket to Katowice 26.01.2016 Sale for Division I Group A has started
- Slovenia wins in Katowice 10.11.2015 Division I teams compete in Latvia, Poland
- Katowice welcomes world 02.11.2015 Historic venue to host Division I Group A
- Planning the future 02.11.2015 Ratushny hopes to build a contender in Austria
- Thomson to coach Japan 02.11.2015 Takes over after 12 years with Mahon
- Making the grade 02.11.2015 Japanese NHL hopeful in camp with Islanders
- International NHL camps 02.11.2015 Ramoser, Terao, Hirano, Song, Korean trio invited
- Asian milestones 02.11.2015 From King Kwong to PyeongChang
- Slovenia selects new coach 02.11.2015 Zupancic: “Expectations have to be high”